The Corona Virus has caused a major upheaval to the world. There has been a great deal of fear and panic around what is happening.
Some of the responses such as the panic purchase of toilet paper in Australia are irrational.
Health authorities in Bahrain and most countries are working overtime to ensure that everyone is safe and that safe health practices are put in place.
The travel and hospitality industries have taken major hits and many factories have closed down as the flow of goods in some places have ceased.
For schools and other places of learning classes have been disrupted with students being sent home and many teachers are putting daily worksheets up for students to complete.
It is a tragedy that families suffer as a result of this virus and we are
However the messaging from the WHO has been clear that we should not panic and put in place certain health protocols such as:
- Washing your hands frequently
- Covering your mouth when sneezing
- Avoid shaking hands or touch
They recommend that to keep your workplace healthy the following should happen:
- Ensure surfaces are regularly disinfected
- Sanitizing hand rub dispensers are available
- Make sure people are messaged to wash their hands regularly
- Ensure that face masks or tissues are available for staff who develop a runny nose or a cough
- Encourage people with even a minor cough to stay at home
- Avoid face-to-face meetings if they are unnecessary
Quest School already had THESE actions in place as regular health and safety protocols.
Our cleaners disinfectant high use areas and surfaces multiple times during the school day to provide a clean and safe environment for everyone on site.
Yes Corona Virus is serious but as long as we manage our health and safety protocols the risk is minimised.